Wednesday 13 March 2013

Decluttering 103

Please excuse my rather unoriginal titles...... 




Korres guava shower gel - I got this from Winners with discounted price, I am glad that I get to try out the Korres shower product, but I did not find the scent to be absolutely appealing. But I did noticed that while using this shower gel, my skin feels very comfortable and hydrated after my shower. I think the "natural" ingredients or the no "harsh chemicals" must have done some work there. If they have a rose scent, I might repurchase.

Fekkai apple cider clarifying shampoo - a rather expensive clarifying shampoo. I never used to use a clarifying shampoo but somehow youtube gurus talked me into "I need a clarifying shampoo" mode. Although it is quite expensive ($28 CAD if not mistaken), it did last me a long time (I say a year) because I only use this maximum once a week. I love the scent, very refreshing. It is a bit drying and I supposed that is because it is clarifying. I think I might repurchase, but right now I went ahead and tried something new (i.e. Bumble and bumble Sunday shampoo).

Senka hydrating toner - Senka is a drugstore brand made by Shiseido and this product is available in the Asia market. I found the texture similar to the Shisedo softeners (which I love) but this one is non-fragranced, so it might be even better for rather sensitive skin. Also, needless to say, much cheaper than the Shiseido softener (I believed this one was about $10 CAD). I think this is a wonderful gel-like toner for Winter months.

Biotherm biocils eye make-up removal care - this one claims to condition your lashes and removes waterproof make-up. I did not expect the condition lashes part to be true when I bought it, but I actually was impressed by the result. I did find when I was using this, I lost less lashes while removing my eye makeup. I would love to repurchase this if I could ignore the price tag... and one thing I did not like is the packaging. I did not like the cap because it leaks a little bit. I much prefer the neutrogena packaging with the round cap.

Barielle intensive hand treatment cream - one of the Hong Kong makeup artists raved about this cream all the time, and while I found this ultra moisturizing, I did find it a bit greasy as well. I also did not care about the scent, which in a hand cream, is rather important to me. I don't mind if it is non-scented (like the Kiehl's one I like) but this Barielle one is kinda in between. It is not heavily scented, but the slight scent in it does not appeal to me. I think I would rather repurchase the Kiehl's one.

Bioderma sensibio mask - a hydrating, soothing mask. While I enjoyed the Bioderma sensibio water, I don't think this mask did much to my skin. It was just something I tried to use up.

Kiehl's white brightening botanical hydrating mask - this mask is rather old and I just have to toss it away. The reason why it has been in my stash forever is because I couldn't use it much... every time I put this on my face, it gave my painful sensation and often I just have to wash it off in 5 minutes. I kept trying to like it because some times when I can endure the sensation, I did find it give my skin a brightening boost. Anyhow, I think it is safe to say that I need to farewell this skincare from my stash. I don't believe a product has to stint your skin in order to give you good result.



No comments:

Post a Comment